- Practice, Practice, Practice!!!
- Eat healthy and stay active year-round
- Take care of your skin, teeth, hair and nails
- Dress and style your hair and makeup as per the pageant rules
- Exude confidence- even if you’ve just fallen off the back of the stage! (Been there! Just keep smiling!!)
- Compare yourself to other contestants; leave that for the judges, you never know what they’re looking for!
- Overdue your makeup
- Dress or act inappropriately for your age
- Cry if you don’t win the title you wanted; learn from the experience and use it to make your next performance even better!
- Tan to an unnatural shade; use tanning to brighten your complexion and smooth skin tone, not change your ethnicity!